Alpha King Challenge
ALPHA KING IS NOW FULL. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO JOINED.
SEE YOU ON OCTOBER 4TH.
About Alpha King
Since 1999, the Alpha King Challenge has crowned the most well-balanced and drinkable beers with 60 IBUs or more — the top IPAs and DIPAs on the market. Founded by Yakima Chief Hops and 3 Floyds Brewing, the competition is named for 3 Floyds’ flagship Alpha King American Pale Ale. Past winners include some of the biggest names in craft beer, including several of the best beers in America, according to a Zymurgy magazine survey. The Alpha King Challenge is limited to commercial brewers and is judged by a team of brewers, industry experts and veteran beer writers each year during Great American Beer Festival.
The Alpha King Challenge is limited to 150 entries and is judged by a team of brewers, industry experts and veteran beer writers each year during Great American Beer Festival.
THANKS TO PARTICIPATING BREWERS.
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR, OCTOBER 4, 2019.
ALPHA KING 2018 – TOP 18
- Toppling Goliath, Pompeii IPA
- Toppling Goliath, Fire Skulls & Money IPA
- Denver Beer Co., The Hulk DIPA
- Great Notion Brewing, Ripe Hazy IPA
- Great Notion Brewing, Juice Box Hazy DIPA
- Pinthouse Pizza, Fully Adrift DIPA * First Place
- Pinthouse Pizza, I Know It’s Over DIPA
- Mumford Brewing, People Mover West Coast DIPA
- Uber Brew, Brut Noir Imperial Black Brut IPA
- Uber Brew, Grandmaster Imperial SMASH
- Moonraker Brewing, Northern Lites DIPA
- Belching Beaver, Business Hippy DIPA
- Pizza Port Ocean Beach, Double Bagger DIPA * Second Place
- Draught Works Brewing, Resting Mitch Face, American IPA
- Hi Sign Brewing, Super Astronaut Imperial IPA
- Track 7 Brewing, Cryo Thing 1 DIPA * Third Place
- Peticolas Brewing, Sit Down or I’ll Sit You Down IIPA
- Sierra Nevada, Hop Bullet DIPA