Hop & Brew School 2019
august 30 – September 2, 2019
$300.00, including admission, most meals & transportation to/from events and hotels.
203 Division St., Yakima, WA 98902
Join us as we celebrate the 16th Annual Hop & Brew School® in Yakima, Washington!
Special Event: WELCOME RECEPTION
Plan to arrive in time to join us for the official kickoff of Hop & Brew School®! Friday, August 30th, 2019. We’ll have music, plenty of great food and some amazing craft beer! You will also be able to do pre-school check in.
To assist with planning travel plans, here is the overall schedule for the weekend. More specific details to come ASAP!
Friday: Welcome Reception 4-8pm
Sat: Official Start of HBS 9am – 5pm
Sun: 8am – 6pm: Tours / Sessions & 6pm- 10pm: Evening Reception
Monday: 9am – 5pm (If you need to leave early, you could leave after lunch and not miss too much)
Prepare for an educational adventure! This four-day event includes technical seminars on product usage, recipe formulation, brewing practices and more. Hop & Brew School® also includes tours of the farms and Yakima Chief Hops facilities, as well as a chance to meet your our growers and learn about what it takes to produce premium hops. For all event details, click REGISTER NOW.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please don’t hesitate to reach out at
Hop & Brew School Presentations – 2018
Past, Present & Future
Key Note Address
Garrett Marrero – Maui Brewing
Hops & Distilling
Grain, Malt & Hops
Tyler Schoales – Great Western Malt
American Noble Hops™
Nick Zeigler & Tommy Yancone
Yakima Chief Ranches & Hop Breeding Company
Jason Perrault & Amy Matthews
Hops at the Heart of the Community
Alpha King Challenge
REGISTRATION FOR 2019 WILL OPEN THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST AND WILL CLOSE THE LAST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER. KEEP CHECKING THIS PAGE FOR MORE UPDATES. THANK YOU.
About Alpha King
Since 1999, the Alpha King Challenge has crowned the most well-balanced and drinkable beers with 60 IBUs or more — the top IPAs and DIPAs on the market. Founded by Yakima Chief Hops and 3 Floyds Brewing, the competition is named for 3 Floyds’ flagship Alpha King American Pale Ale. Past winners include some of the biggest names in craft beer, including several of the best beers in America, according to a Zymurgy magazine survey. The Alpha King Challenge is limited to commercial brewers and is judged by a team of brewers, industry experts and veteran beer writers each year during Great American Beer Festival.
The Alpha King Challenge is limited to 150 entries and is judged by a team of brewers, industry experts and veteran beer writers each year during Great American Beer Festival.
THANKS TO PARTICIPATING BREWERS.
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR, OCTOBER 4, 2019.
ALPHA KING 2018 – TOP 18
- Toppling Goliath, Pompeii IPA
- Toppling Goliath, Fire Skulls & Money IPA
- Denver Beer Co., The Hulk DIPA
- Great Notion Brewing, Ripe Hazy IPA
- Great Notion Brewing, Juice Box Hazy DIPA
- Pinthouse Pizza, Fully Adrift DIPA * First Place
- Pinthouse Pizza, I Know It’s Over DIPA
- Mumford Brewing, People Mover West Coast DIPA
- Uber Brew, Brut Noir Imperial Black Brut IPA
- Uber Brew, Grandmaster Imperial SMASH
- Moonraker Brewing, Northern Lites DIPA
- Belching Beaver, Business Hippy DIPA
- Pizza Port Ocean Beach, Double Bagger DIPA * Second Place
- Draught Works Brewing, Resting Mitch Face, American IPA
- Hi Sign Brewing, Super Astronaut Imperial IPA
- Track 7 Brewing, Cryo Thing 1 DIPA * Third Place
- Peticolas Brewing, Sit Down or I’ll Sit You Down IIPA
- Sierra Nevada, Hop Bullet DIPA