3. Amendment and update
In the bottom right corner, you will find the version number and issue date. The valid version can be found on our website.
4. Which personal data does Yakima Chief Hops collect?
We register all personal data which are necessary to offer you our services. We hereby respect the principle of minimum data processing.
This is the case, for example, when you contact us or enter into a customer relationship.
The following categories of personal data can be processed:
- Contact data – Your name, mailing address and e-mail address
- Personal data – Job title, employer, billing information, etc.
- Communication Data – If you contact us for any reason, we keep record of any Personal Information and other content that you provide in your communication so that we can effectively respond to your communication. Also, by keeping record of all customer experiences and communications, we can work to improve the quality of our services.
5. What are we using the collected personal data for?
We will never use your Personal Information in a manner that differs from the purpose indicated upon collection without obtaining your consent prior to such use. The data collected from you may be used in various ways as indicated below:
- Provide important recall and product safety information about products you have purchased from us;
- Help us process your purchase or request for purchase;
- Inform you about new products you might be interested in from our company;
- Improve the functionality and ease of use for our site;
- Improve customer experience and service offerings;
- Maintain site safety, reduce fraud, and investigate any security breaches;
For those who opt-in to our email list, we will use the contact information provided to communicate information regarding advanced notice of sales, new merchandise, other YCH news. Email addresses collected at YakimaChief.com are used internally. If you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, please contact us. We will remove your name from our email list within a reasonable period of time. Please recognize that you may receive another email before we are able to remove you.
6. With whom do we share your personal data?
Your information is never sold or shared with other companies for the purposes of marketing third party products or services. Your data may, however, be shared if:
- A business partner who assists us by performing core services related to the operation of our business obligations to Yakima Chief Hops (examples: hosting, billing, fulfillment, or data storage and security);
- The law requires us to turn over the personal information (examples: subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes);
- Our company is acquired by or merges with another company;
Personal data will also be shared with the parent company, Yakima Chief Hops Inc, 306 Division Street, Yakima, WA 98902, located in the US. The parent company will process certain personal data according to Annex I and Annex II.
7. What are the justifications we rely on?
To process your personal data, we always rely on:
- Either the permission you have given in this regard. In that case, you always have the option to withdraw your consent.
- Either processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- Either necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to;
- In certain cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to safeguard your essential interests or in our legitimate interest.
8. Your Privacy
8.1 You can access your personal data
If you want to access the data that we process about you, please let us know.
If you exercise your right of access, we want to provide you with a complete overview of your data as possible.
8.2 You can have your personal data corrected
It is possible that certain data that we stored about you are not or no longer correct. You may always ask us to correct or complete that data.
8.3 You can have your personal data removed
If you suspect that we process certain data unlawfully, you can ask us to remove it.
8.4 You can oppose certain uses of your personal data
If you do not agree with the way in which we process certain data, you may oppose it. Opposition that we will respect unless there are mandatory grounds not to do so, which is the case, for example, if we process data to combat fraud.
8.5 You may sometimes refuse to let your data processed fully automatically
Some data processing and processes are fully automated without human intervention. We try to impart the logic of this automated process when it is relevant.
If you do not agree with the result of such a fully automated process, you may contact us.
8.6 You may ask to have your data transferred to a third party
You have the right to ask that personal data that you provided us with will be transferred to you or directly to a third party. The privacy legislation does have a number of restrictions to this right, so that it does not apply to all data.
8.7 You may exercise your rights
Always be as specific as possible if you wish to exercise your rights, so we can handle your request concretely and correctly. We do have to verify your identity, to avoid someone else exercising your rights. That is why we will ask for a copy of your ID card if you make such a request.
Do you have a question or a comment, or do you no longer wish to receive certain information? Just send us an email at email@example.com.
You no longer wish to receive our newsletter? At the bottom of every newsletter you will find a link; simply click on it to unsubscribe.
9. Storage of your personal data
All personal data are stored on the servers of the parent company Yakima Chief Hops Inc, Yakima Chief Hops Inc. 306 Division Street, Yakima, WA 98902, located in the US. The servers in the US have the same and appropriate level of protection as if they were placed in the EU (see also Art. 10).
Data must be stored for the shortest possible time.
Yakima Chief Hops stores personal data in function of the nature of the data. We only keep this information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or on the basis of a contract or legal provision:
- Identification data: 10 years and 1 month from the termination of the customer relationship;
- All forms of personal data that you provide to us or that are obtained from you or on your behalf during the processing of your file, including sensitive data insofar as this applies to your file: 10 years and 1 month from the termination of the customer relationship;
- Financial and billing information: 10 years and 1 month from the termination of the customer relationship;
- Contact details for invitations to seminars and/or newsletters: 2 years after the last contact.
10. Security of personal data by Yakima Chief Hops
Except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, we always keep your Personal Information private and do not share it with third parties. We have established company-wide procedures and systems to keep your information safe. For example:
- Your Personal Information is stored on secure servers that are not accessible by third parties;
- We provide you with the capability to transmit your Personal Information via secured and encrypted channels using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
- We limit the access to your Personal Information to those employees and contractors who need access to perform their job function.
- We do not retain payment information in our systems. Transactions are completed using secured, PCI compliant payment gateways.
Sensitive personal information contained in orders placed on the Website are encrypted using 128-bit secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. In order for SSL security to work, you must use an SSL enabled browser. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a technology used by vendors to ensure the security of online business. It negotiates and employs the essential functions of mutual authentication, data encryption and data integrity for secure transactions.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control;
- the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed
- any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party; and
- WHEN YOU TRANSFER ANY INFORMATION TO US, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers. We will never ask for sensitive information via email.
*Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a technology used by vendors to ensure the security of online business. It negotiates and employs the essential functions of mutual authentication, data encryption and data integrity for secure transactions.
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text and number file that is stored in your browser or on the hard drive of your computer. That way we can remember your preferences when using our Website.
Hereby, use is made of so-called functional cookies, which makes the use of the website better for you as a visitor.
In addition, there are non-functional cookies for collecting the statistics of our visitors in order to improve our website in the future.
Another distinction is made between permanent and temporary cookies on the one hand and between direct and indirect cookies on the other.
Cookies are permanent when they remain on the user's computer, even after the user has closed the browser; temporary cookies disappear as soon as the user has closed the browser.
Direct cookies are sent by the website itself; indirect cookies then come from third parties.
Cookies and similar technologies, however, do not allow systematic collection of data that could identify the users of our Website. They only help us to improve the operation of our Website, to understand the interests of our users and to measure how effective the content of our Website is.
For further information about removing or blocking cookies, you can visit the following website: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
3. There are different types of cookies
The functional cookies (permanent and direct) on this website register the preferences entered by the visitor (e.g. language choice) and recognize the visitor when he visits the website again. The functional cookies have the advantage that the visitor does not have to enter his preferences again and again, so that the website is easier to use. You can delete these functional cookies via the browser settings. Below you will find how to do this.
Cookies for analytical purposes
Google adheres to the Safe Harbor principles and is affiliated with the Safe Harbor program of the United States Department of Commerce.
If you do not want data about your website visit to be passed on to Google Analytics, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
These cookies keep track of which pages you visit in order to build up a profile of your online behaviour. This profile can be linked to your name, address, e-mail address and the like.
4. Delete and disable cookies
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. However, you can delete cookies that have already been placed and refuse to place new cookies via the browser settings on your computer. The way differs per browser.
If you delete or decline these cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the current website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.|
|fs_uid||This cookie is set by the provider Fullstory. This cookie is used for session tracking.|
|CONSENT||These cookies are set via embedded youtube-videos. They register anonymous statistical data on for example how many times the video is displayed and what settings are used for playback.No sensitive data is collected unless you log in to your google account, in that case your choices are linked with your account, for example if you click “like” on a video.|